Never forget this!
- Approach your studies with a positive attitude
- Arrange your schedule to eliminate distractions
- Select a reasonable chunk of material to study
- Survey the headings, graphics, pre- and post questions to get an overview
- Scan the text for keywords and vocabulary: mark what you don’t understand
P: Piece together the parts:
- Put aside your books and notes
- Piece together what you’ve studied, either alone, with a study pal or group:summarize what you understand.
- Investigate alternative sources of information you can refer to: other text books, websites, experts, tutors, etc.
- Inquire from support professionals (academic support, librarians, tutors, teachers, experts,) and other resources for assistance
- Inspect what you did not understand.
Reexamine the content | Reflect on the material | Relay understanding
- Reexamine: What questions are there yet to ask? Is there something I am missing?
- Reflect: How can I…
View original post 67 more words